Common Snapper x Alligator Snapping Turtle??

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Just about any Turtle in captivity is useless for conservation.........Assurance colonies do not equal conservation.......
I could go on with a very long awnser, however Im not in a mood for it. I ll just say Im not seeing any shortage of cats or dogs, comming under human care does indeed has its advantages.

Creek_stomper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2010
Illinois
I could go on with a very long awnser, however Im not in a mood for it. I ll just say Im not seeing any shortage of cats or dogs, comming under human care does indeed has its advantages.
And how many of these are captive specimens of wild species, rather than species bred specifically for captivity or domestication? We had dogs coming out of our ears when we were nearly hunting wild wolves to extinction. What would it matter if we had the descendants of wolves in our homes but there were none in the wild?

CretaceousCreatures101

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
Oakland County, Michigan
As far as I know, there are no other members of the Common Snapping Turtle's genus, other than the Florida Snapper, which was originally considered a subspecies. There are two other subspecies as well, the northern snapping turtle & the mexican/central American snapping turtle. I do know of one member of the same genus as the Alligator Snapping Turtle; the Big-Headed Turtle. I would love to see a hybrid of those two, but although they're from the same genus I still feel it's unlikely.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store