compatibility?

lukenewton

Exodon
MFK Member
May 21, 2016
Also what about growth rates of the fish as my lfs will be able to get me the fish but all will be 2-3" I know Oscars grow really quickly so I will add them last, but what about GT's, severum and earth eaters? Do any grow considerably faster than the others?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Have you made up your mind on your final stock yet?
I have a 7 footer,although a big tank, some of these cichlids soon make them feel small.
Personally I believe less is more.Some of the nicest tanks I see house 1 or 2 different species
of cichlid only.The results look more natural and the fish tend to prosper.
I often see tanks full of all kinds of cichlids from different continents, not only does it look unnatural and cluttered, I believe often the success of these tanks is short lived.
Fin damage,bacterial issues stressed fish is not the goal.
Obviously this is just my own opinion and others will disagree, but one piece of advice I would give is think carefully about your stock and don't try to cram in all your favourite big fish if you are looking for long term success.

P.s
I am still eagerly awaiting Franks come back.

Reactions: jaws7777

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I have a 7 footer,although a big tank, some of these cichlids soon make them feel small.
Personally I believe less is more.Some of the nicest tanks I see house 1 or 2 different species
I often see tanks full of all kinds of cichlids from different continents, not only does it look unnatural and cluttered, I believe often the success of these tanks is short lived.
Obviously this is just my own opinion and others will disagree, but one piece of advice I would give is think carefully about your stock and don't try to cram in all your favourite big fish if you are looking for long term success.

P.s

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk

P.s

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk

P.s

Reactions: dan518

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Have you got other tanks, something I think you need if your going for a community tank, gives you the option to move fish about till you get a workable set up,,, community tanks can implode overnight with out warning.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia

P.s
Frank has no come back. I have much more important things to do right now rather than waste my time explaining to some stoner w/ an ego problem ANYTHING since he took 3 days ,an handdrawn map , a legend key and might as well had an instructional video on how to build a CAVE out of 2 pieces of PVC pipe and a ROCK. 3 DAYS!!!.....and now HE'S the one teaching class???? Yea, ok I'll put taking his advice between "P*ssing razorblades" and/or "giving a Crocodile an enema".

I shouldn't have to explain sh*t. Read his threads and see how everyone tried trolling him OFF the website for putting a Jaguar in a 75g for 2 years EXCEPT ME, took him under my wing and tried to teach him and was also the main contributor to his threads and taught him most of what he learned on MFK. Let's not forget everything I told him about keeping a male Amph and how he ignored it until what I TOLD him was going to happen actually HAPPENED and I kept reading posts saying "Damn Frank, you were right...I shoulda listened to you"

No, no...please, let's ALL listen to Logibear and take his DIVINE advice.....he's a 19 year old w/ a few weeks experience, and we don't know SH*T after DECADES of doing this.

Who the HELL do we think we are? Forgive our ignorance. HAIL LOGIBEAR.

Reactions: BMac91
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store