Congicus bichir info?

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
HMMP all the asain call all their fish suppiers, "markets" while we call them "stores"!

gtpsuper24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Marion, Ohio
Agree. Most of my LFS here carries congicus. I'm sure if you talked to your LFS owner, he could have some imported
Nope no LFS owners or large chains can get any rare type polys. At least nowhere in Ohio or other surrounding areas. It took me a year of asking and bugging LFS about them and finnally got a endi X ansorgi. Those are super rare here in Ohio and probably midwest. Sens, Dels(rarely) and Ornates are about it as far a bichirs go. Rehoboth is an option but its hard to get ahold of them, I call and they say "i'll call you back" and never do and you have to bug them and you get ahold of them and you get a "I don't really care about you at the moment" attitude. Plus you have to pay expensive shipping fees and take the chance of DOAs ect.

I would say Congis are very rare here in Ohio, but maybe not Japan or other locations.

Its no uncommon to see 2" Sens going for $15-$30. Dels around 2.5" go for about $50-60, and I've seen price of $89.99 for a 4" ornate.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Went to to riverdale pet in maryland and saw a 8-9" endlicheri
came close to buying it. It was just to big for my other bichirs. price was
$79 still looking

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Got an Endli but not a Congicus. Maybe its time to hunt for 1 =)
I bein looking for along time but there none near wear i live. You're lucky u live in Singapore. You can get congicus, ansorgii,platinum Senegal and endlicheri all day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store