Congicus bichir info?

y26tan18

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Singapore
But you don't have trouble finding Asian arowona:)
Lol. You're going off topic...but lobby your congressmen to allow the import of Asian Arowana into your state, and I promise you won't have trouble getting one.

Although its very strange that bichirs are so hard to get in the USA. Either the market there is very small or there must be some sort of restriction.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Canada is quite the challenge as well. Right now I cannot find any vendors that I can order WC poly's from. Thus back to the question of are Congicus rare--for fishkeepers in my area very much so.
I was fortunate to get a couple orders in a few years back when there was a vendor shipping to my area.

Rarity is relative with polypterus.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Lol. You're going off topic...but lobby your congressmen to allow the import of Asian Arowana into your state, and I promise you won't have trouble getting one.

Although its very strange that bichirs are so hard to get in the USA. Either the market there is very small or there must be some sort of restriction.
The USA is not spending alot of money like Europe and Japan. They get to pick first and get all the good stuffs then we get second or third pick by that time all the good and rare stuff gone.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Canada is quite the challenge as well. Right now I cannot find any vendors that I can order WC poly's from. Thus back to the question of are Congicus rare--for fishkeepers in my area very much so.
I was fortunate to get a couple orders in a few years back when there was a vendor shipping to my area.

Rarity is relative with polypterus.[/

I thought u guys can get most anythings? I got 2 lapradei coming. I order them this week I can't wait. I will get the congicus one day.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada

Rarity is relative with polypterus.[/

I thought u guys can get most anythings? I got 2 lapradei coming. I order them this week I can't wait. I will get the congicus one day.
Your must thing I am from somewhere other than Canada. Here in Calgary we have pretty sad supply, especially these days. Since January the only poly's I have seen are CB ornate, sens and Delhezi.

Good for you on the order, look forward to pics.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
You did get them, nice pick up. Look a little beat up from shipping but cant wait to see more pics as they settle in. What sizes? That is going to be a whole lot of fish in a couple of years.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
You did get them, nice pick up. Look a little beat up from shipping but cant wait to see more pics as they settle in. What sizes? That is going to be a whole lot of fish in a couple of years.
They're 10", are they WC Nigerian laps?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store