Congicus ID

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
Hi,

Congicus is very rare in UK and my lfs has imported a batch apparently wild caught, 5 to choose from around 11".

I'm pretty sure these are Congicus but just wanted everyone to confirm. Also are these wild caught?

What would you look for when buying? The thickest bands or the biggest one?

Thanks
Andrew
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: Polyaddict86

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Those are congis.

I prefer the new with darker bands and more of intersting pattern of available. The most active as well. Looks a bit washed cause of the sand.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Buy them all !! Lol

As for which one its really personal preference. I really like the blonde/washed out/yellowish look as well as the darker base color on congis. Size wouldnt matter to me i'd go for the one thats most visually apealling

Edit: good point kno4te made with the activity. Another thing you can ask for them to feed them and see who has the best appetite

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I prefer the darkest one, or the one with the most abnormal pattern. But since they're on white sand it'll be harder to see which one is actually the darkest. I see one in the pics that looks relatively dark though

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
They are £49 each here. One of them jumped out of a gap over night and isn't doing too well maybe that's the dark one?!!

Can anyone tell if these are wild caught??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store