~Convict Fry Growth Help~

v3n0m

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Mt. Olive, NC
I have some convict fry probably around 2 weeks old now and I was just wandering how long does it usually take to get them big enough to where I can do something with them. I would like to use them as feeders when they are about an inch or so long.

Amphilophus88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2009
Holland
v3n0m;4335948; said:
I have some convict fry probably around 2 weeks old now and I was just wandering how long does it usually take to get them big enough to where I can do something with them. I would like to use them as feeders when they are about an inch or so long.
Mine reached 1 inch after 1,5 month, but I had them in a big tank, fed a lot of brine shrimp and changed a lot of water.

v3n0m

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Mt. Olive, NC
10-4 man thanks for the reply. I had mine in a 90 but there were a few other fish in there that couldnt "hang" with the lil cons while they had little ones so I decided to give them their own space, they seem to be very happy in there new home, its very clean, the turnover rate with the filter I have on it is 17.5x per hour. All I was looking for was a rough estimate anyways, Thanks for the help dude, I appreciate it.

Amphilophus88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2009
Holland
v3n0m;4336056; said:
10-4 man thanks for the reply. I had mine in a 90 but there were a few other fish in there that couldnt "hang" with the lil cons while they had little ones so I decided to give them their own space, they seem to be very happy in there new home, its very clean, the turnover rate with the filter I have on it is 17.5x per hour. All I was looking for was a rough estimate anyways, Thanks for the help dude, I appreciate it.
Your welcome, what tank size are they in right now?

v3n0m

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Mt. Olive, NC
They are in a 20g long, And the parents are at most 3 inches.

thedarkone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
Spokane
I've had batches of fry that grow to an inch in about a month, and then I've had batches grow out to an inch in about 2 months.

v3n0m

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Mt. Olive, NC
jdm_da510;4336673; said:
i jus tried counting my fry....impossible! :swear:
lol youve got that right!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store