Could I fit a red tail shark in my tank

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
Hi my tank is 60 gallons and I would like to have a red tail shark. In the tank I would be having green phantom pleco, 6 tiger barbs, JD cichlid and convict cichlid.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Red-tails are real pains in the buttocks for starting fights, if I were to try it I'd probably go heavily planted; its probably worth a try and could work, but I'd be prepared to move stock as necessary

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
Red-tails are real pains in the buttocks for starting fights, if I were to try it I'd probably go heavily planted; its probably worth a try and could work, but I'd be prepared to move stock as necessary

Thanks! When I get the fish I will look out for aggression and will put a few plants

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Should be fine.

Tiger barbs are faster and are *******s in their own way.

The cichlids can handle themselves.

I have seen some REALLY mean RTS through the years but most just seem to pick on smaller tropical fish. They seem to leave cichlids alone.
Its not an RTS, but I had a black shark once and despite being tiny, he proceeded to beat up everything I had including my convict, JD and BGK. To say I was shocked is an understatement lol.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Space and hiding places are key. My shark only wants everyone to know she is the biggest b##ch in the tank and spends most of the day just cruising around without any problems, even to the albino rainbow shark as long as he knows his place. I do have a big thank though

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I kept a rainbow shark at one point in my 75 gallon. Was fine at first but then sucked slime coat off my striped raph until it was close to death so I got rid if it, luckily the catfish survived.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store