Cowfish sleeper Goby Eleotris Picta

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
Anyone have experience on them? They had him on feeders at the store so I got some feeders along with it. I know they carry disease so I am putting a stop to it. He ate half a shrimp at night and I am getting frozen smelt from a friend tomorrow.

I'm seeing conflicting reports on max size. It seems they level off at a foot but can potentially reach 18inches.

Are you keeping them in pure fresh or slightly brackish? tankmates?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
SharptoothBass SharptoothBass
Also it's said to reach 17 inches, biggest I've heard of was around 5 years old and around 14 inches.

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
I've kept a few. Size sounds about right maybe a little larger. Easy to get off feeders. The shrimp is good and also things like tilapia and earthworms. I've been looking for a marbled goby myself

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
hes thriving. I got him on smelt too

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I've kept a few. Size sounds about right maybe a little larger. Easy to get off feeders. The shrimp is good and also things like tilapia and earthworms. I've been looking for a marbled goby myself
Marble goby is a different species. I've been looking for one as well as hey don't come around often at all.
hes thriving. I got him on smelt too
good to hear, and these are freshwater fish sorry I didn't see that question

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Marble goby is a different species. I've been looking for one as well as hey don't come around often at all
I understand it's a different species. I've had 3 water cows (Elotris picta) but mentioned the marbled goby since they are similar and I'm after one. Both are interesting fish.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I understand it's a different species. I've had 3 water cows (Elotris picta) but mentioned the marbled goby since they are similar and I'm after one. Both are interesting fish.
Oh I thought you confused the two cause a lot of people do, just trying to help lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store