crocodilian questions

reptilerancher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
ok that makes sense Chinese Alligators, West African Dwarf Crocodiles and Cuvier's Dwarf Caimans are all about the same size and at 4 feet is when they would be getting up to breeding size and aggressive to one another but Siamese Crocodiles? that doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
ok that makes sense Chinese Alligators, West African Dwarf Crocodiles and Cuvier's Dwarf Caimans are all about the same size and at 4 feet is when they would be getting up to breeding size and aggressive to one another but Siamese Crocodiles? that doesn't make sense to me.
They cull the larger ones after a certain point - like you just said when they hit breeding size - and then pair them up. Siamese are not a large species, even males only max-out at 10 feet, which is uncommon usually 7-8; females may stop growing at 6'. Supposedly males can go 12-13' but it's unlikely, especially nowadays after they have been so persecuted.

Regardless, in all 4 species, the females are typically sexually mature at 4-5 feet.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
They cull the larger ones after a certain point - like you just said when they hit breeding size - and then pair them up. Siamese are not a large species, even males only max-out at 10 feet, which is uncommon usually 7-8; females may stop growing at 6'. Supposedly males can go 12-13' but it's unlikely, especially nowadays after they have been so persecuted.

Regardless, in all 4 species, the females are typically sexually mature at 4-5 feet.
Do you have any pictures of this exhibit? I've looked around the web for a while and all I get are the American alligators.

reptilerancher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
I would also love to see some pics and as far as crocs go Siamese are not that large of a species but compared to the full size of the others in that pond the Siamese would me monsters lol

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I would also love to see some pics and as far as crocs go Siamese are not that large of a species but compared to the full size of the others in that pond the Siamese would me monsters lol
Do you have any pictures of this exhibit? I've looked around the web for a while and all I get are the American alligators.
Unfortunatley, they are all KODAKS :( sorry guys
Guess you'll just have to go there, everyone should at least once in their life.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Just type in "Crocodilians" and go to the Wikipedia page and scroll down until you see the links-listed species and you can either click on each and read/see pictures, or type in each species+images and you will find pictures of each and every one of them. Not much else to it, Bro. Google is your friend

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Just type in "Crocodilians" and go to the Wikipedia page and scroll down until you see the links-listed species and you can either click on each and read/see pictures, or type in each species+images and you will find pictures of each and every one of them. Not much else to it, Bro. Google is your friend
Already tried that. I keep getting this picture-http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MhbNxc2SIBY/U5D1VHI8owI/AAAAAAAAAuU/-UlMzcn9E3g/s1600/American+Alligators+II.JPG

Btw not your bro Jon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store