Cross contamination

Austin1234

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
UT
So I have a male and female hybrid not even sure what flavor I’ll post a pic of them maybe someone knows .. I have had them about a year and they have been awesome super healthy no issues! but anyways I just bought a bd female from a different place then the last two. I’m pretty sure they are all imported from asia. What kinda qt procedure am I looking at to make this as safe as possible for my current stock? I bought some discus from a different supplier and paid for it huge lost a ton even after qt. In fact pretty much give up on discus after that I’m assuming it was as cross contamination. So I’m trying to do my best to not have to deal with something like that again. Also is a 40 gal breeder sufficient to use to qt the new pup?

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
So I have a male and female hybrid not even sure what flavor I’ll post a pic of them maybe someone knows .. I have had them about a year and they have been awesome super healthy no issues! but anyways I just bought a bd female from a different place then the last two. I’m pretty sure they are all imported from asia. What kinda qt procedure am I looking at to make this as safe as possible for my current stock? I bought some discus from a different supplier and paid for it huge lost a ton even after qt. In fact pretty much give up on discus after that I’m assuming it was as cross contamination. So I’m trying to do my best to not have to deal with something like that again. Also is a 40 gal breeder sufficient to use to qt the new pup?
Probably as long as the stingray has some room, make sure it is cycled or have cycled media
I’m not a stingray person so idk

Austin1234

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
UT
Probably as long as the stingray has some room, make sure it is cycled or have cycled media
I’m not a stingray person so idk
The 40 breeder has been my grow out for my 5 Orinoco p. bass. It’s got I want to say a 407 something canister filter that’s cycled I plan to move the bass to my 600 gal this weekend and the ray will be here Tuesday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store