Crushed Coral or ARM Media

bayoupr

Feeder Fish
Jan 20, 2009
Avondale, Louisiana
What's the difference between crushed coral and a calcium reactor media like Carib Sea ARM media? Wouldn't either one be good for maintaining PH running in a media reactor? This is for my African Cichild tank which is a 120g. Also, how much do think would be needed for a PH of say 7.8 - 8.0?

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
Welcome to Mfk.
Crushed coral, will collect detris needs a flow of water to keep from going septic. , a reactor, is cleaner, out of sight sump mounted, less volume of media is required, as the media is fluidized.
I use arm and hammer, about a 1 TBS every other day. @ 75 gallons. I also have a liter of sea shells. In a high flow area of my sump.

bayoupr

Feeder Fish
Jan 20, 2009
Avondale, Louisiana
Welcome to Mfk.
Crushed coral, will collect detris needs a flow of water to keep from going septic. , a reactor, is cleaner, out of sight sump mounted, less volume of media is required, as the media is fluidized.
I use arm and hammer, about a 1 TBS every other day. @ 75 gallons. I also have a liter of sea shells. In a high flow area of my sump.
Do you think there is a difference between the two?

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
Crush coral, dolminite, limestone, sea shells, probably all about the same. The smaller the grain, the less you will need.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store