Datnoid housed with Torpedo/Roseline sharks??

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
O shoot! Yeah you should, be worried! But still those Basturd are hardy if they're hungry, game on! How big is he?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Damn bro you still up too! I'm up playing Fifa soccer on Xbox! Lol
yup. working 3rd shift ruined me for life. Permanent Night-Owl. Haven't logged into PSN in years...just playing God of War and single player stuff for a while

O shoot! Yeah you should, be worried! But still those Basturd are hardy if they're hungry, game on! How big is he?
7-8"

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have never kept Dats, but I know a Rosaline is an expensive snack for one, why take a chance w/ a $20/ea. schooling fish?
If they'd eat Cichlids, they'd eat Rosalines lol I don't know much about Datnoids except what you told me.
I am working on putting together kind of an Asian biotope with dats as the centerpiece species.I have a group of large bala sharks and although I recently got rid of my biggest dat I am leary about putting them in the tank for fear of my ST gunning them down.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I don't have a dat or roseline but from my experience I had a group of 25 giant danios around 4" with my marbled goby and they all ended up being eaten.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks for all the thoughts, guys. I'll have to think about it. The sharks are hella fast to catch in the 250 gallon.. sigh

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Cats are stealth predators, they're not going to chase the Sharks around the tank, they'll wait for one to wander within striking distance, especially at night, and you'll end up one shark less...

azura

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2011
Aros World
dont put small size fish in the same tank ... your datz will eat or kill them for sure
bottom line datz is a bully fish , it even got balls to mess around with a big aro

but i noticed they just barely bother with polypterus or catfish ... dont know really why or just because they are bottom feeder ?

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
..Yeah.. now I'm even more obligated to take them out now.. Damn it's only a matter of time till that day comes. Arm's going to be crazy sore.. Thanks again guys.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Silver dollars can be housed with datnoids. As long as they are introduced at a size that are not too small while the datnoid is huge. Their bodies are too tall to swallow once fully grown and plus they are lighting fast; however anything can happen though.. such as the SDs being bit badly but it's uncommon I believe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store