datnoid hurt?

shern

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2023
California
what’s this little brown line that goes across my ntt datnoids 3rd band? i just noticed today after i did a big wc so waters still murky, heater burn? did he get hurt?

IMG_2078.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Reactions: tlindsey

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
IMO, that is no injury. If a dat is scraped, the mark would be white.

I think it is merely uneven fading, that just happens to be in a line.

It is a nice looking NTT. I would not worry.

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te

shern

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2023
California
honestly i dont know too much on dat banding, i dont like that hes got little black dots on his bands, will it become full black or will it fade so its a neutral color?

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
honestly i dont know too much on dat banding, i dont like that hes got little black dots on his bands, will it become full black or will it fade so its a neutral color?
Dats do not have perfect black and gold stripes. They can fade out and fade in, they change their pigment to match conditions and their mood. Their is absolutely nothing wrong with him.

Have you been taken in by all the hype that dats should be a certain shape, colour and pattern? The fish themselves don't care about all the hype. They are opportunist predators that need to blend in to changing conditions so they can ambush their next meal. They are not interested in what you like about their pattern.

You have got a great fish, be pleased with him, observe and learn about what dats really are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store