Dats with white poop?

PanAntV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2014
North Carolina
One of my dats had this lumpy white poop. I've had them for 3 days so far. It looks a little yellowy and white. I had one die yestersay. When I got home it was pale white with a yellow belly. Please help.

20151111_014714.jpg

20151111_014644.jpg

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Haven't kept dats, but white poop I always associate with parasites; the stomachs also look sunken, which is another symptom.

PanAntV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2014
North Carolina
Dose with prazipro and API General Cure. Try and feed the dats whatever they want (except for feeders). You have parasites.
Are parasites fish specific? Should I be worried about my other fish as well? I'm dealing with ick right now. I'm assuming the dats I brought home introduced them to my tank. The tank temp was at 76 before I got the dats. When I introduced them (which they didn't have before putting them in) the rest of my tank started catchING it. I turned the temp up for 80 for a week then turned it up to 85 a couple days ago.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Parasites are not fish specific. Ick is like the common cold, weak fish catch it or bad parameters will make fish more susceptible to ick.

1. Do a 50% W/C.
2. Add API General Cure and prazipro
3. Tank temp up to 84 F
4. Add some aquarium sale

The tank temp and salt will take care of the ick. General cure and prazipro will take care of internal parasites. The W/C will take care of bad water parameters. Good luck

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

PanAntV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2014
North Carolina
Parasites are not fish specific. Ick is like the common cold, weak fish catch it or bad parameters will make fish more susceptible to ick.

1. Do a 50% W/C.
3. Tank temp up to 84 F

The tank temp and salt will take care of the ick. General cure and prazipro will take care of internal parasites. The W/C will take care of bad water parameters. Good luck

1. Do a 50% W/C.
3. Tank temp up to 84 F

I got some api meds for the ick and im in mid treatment for them. Should I wait till the ick goes away before I start treating them with the other stuff? And will petsmart have the other stuff? Or should I look for it online? Any websites that will sell it for cheap or should I just check amazon?

PanAntV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2014
North Carolina
Also by

1. Do a 50% W/C.
3. Tank temp up to 84 F

Fish specific I meant is it contagious to tankmates

PanAntV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2014
North Carolina
Also by

1. Do a 50% W/C.
3. Tank temp up to 84 F

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
I got some api meds for the ick and im in mid treatment for them. Should I wait till the ick goes away before I start treating them with the other stuff? And will petsmart have the other stuff? Or should I look for it online? Any websites that will sell it for cheap or should I just check amazon?
No, go ahead and starting treatin the parasites now. Petsmart will have general cure, prazipro is more of a LFS item. Amazon has them for much cheaper, but shipping is gonna take some time...

Also by
yes it is contagious

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

PanAntV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2014
North Carolina

1. Do a 50% W/C.
3. Tank temp up to 84 F

Will seachem paraguard work instead of prazipro?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store