Delta Cargo...

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Tl;dr : StIcKy~RiCe StIcKy~RiCe shipped me his 4 beautiful ATFs perfectly packed. Delta delayed the shipment by 24 hrs, 2 dead, 1 was barely alive and the other one... Stolen / Missing...

I recently lost 3 of my beloved African Tigers due to messed up city water. After that I was in search of bigger (8"+ ATFs) because I didn't feel like growing them out from scratch again and StIcKy~RiCe was selling his tiger pack. It was a perfect situation for both of us and I decided to buy them! He shipped the fish from Boston to my local (San Jose, CA) Airport and they were scheduled to arrive on Friday 27th of May at 9:45PM. Each fish was packed separately with 3 heavy duty plastic bags / fish & with pure oxygen & heating pads, the packing was perfect.

I goto the airport about an hour early (I couldn't sleep the previous night due to my excitement, it was like christmas eve when I was a kid) and I'm waiting for a while, and then the attendant shows up, I give him my airway bill number and he said: "Umm.... The shipment is still in Atlanta..." I ask him why and he said "I don't know, sorry, there is a place to put in a message but usually people don't give a reason why the shipment didn't make it to the next flight..." I was pretty upset and sad... And all I could do at that point was to drive back home.

I try to call delta cargo but their offices close at 6 (or 8) pm Eastern time... I call them the next morning, and StIcKy~RiCe did the same as well. Both of us got the same answer: "Don't know why it was delayed. But it will be reaching San Jose tonight (Saturday May 28th) at 9pm."

I call them again about 2 hours later, the customer service rep told me that "the reason it was delayed was because it didn't make it from the Boston->Atlanta flight to the Atlanta->San Jose flight on time."

I go and pick up the fish, the box was leaking and damaged. Rush back home (speeding and what not on the freeway) and open up the package hoping that the fish are alive... But no luck. 2 of the biggest ones (12" each) were belly up in the plastic bags and the other guy was barely breathing. I do fish CPR on the surviving guy by holding him in front of my powerhead for about half hour and he survived, but is pretty damaged. I come back and see that the other fish was missing.... WTF?! Missing fish. No signs of the plastic bag either!

So the good news is that the one surviving ATF is doing well, he pounded on a few pellets but has lost one of his eyes...

But Missing fish..?!?!

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I am not sure why a fish would be missing. Was the package damaged enough for a bag to fall out?
No I don't think so... But it was wet so one of the Tigers ripped thru' the packaging and the delta guys decided to open it up and remove it...? That's why it was late?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store