Determining the sex of a black ghost knife...

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
Okay. Good tip - look under the supposed neck. There you will find the reproducing utensil. Look carefully, it can be hard to see.

Good luck ;)

Volforlife

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2010
GA
Thought I would bump this since I am a member and alos proud owner of a BGK. I have had mine maybe a year and it is about 6" long. Has white stripe down back. Funny yall call them horse faces I always though it looked like a puppy. I know of no other fish like this and am always amazed when watching it. Also mine has very small eyes too. One day I was convinced it didnt have eyes lol I mean they are so small and black that they blend in with the body, but if you look sometimes they will glow like a wild animal caught in headlights at night. Mine is in a 55 gal. long. I am also starting a cichlid community in the same tank. So far they are coexisting fine, but the cichlids are still juveniles. I was wondering if anyone else had experience keeping these 2 species together and had good results? I know the BGK is very shy and the cichlids are hyper, but the BGK stays hidden all the time even before there were any others with it. Only comes out at night (mostly) if very hungry will come out in light. But the ciclids chill when lights are out and BGK comes out. IM figuring since they are juveniles they will grow to be ok with it and IF he dont eat them while small they can all learn to live together. I know it all could change. Anyway any advice is appreciated. And btw. Mine has all the traits everyone listed, so I doubt any of it holds true.. Also when it comes to feeding what can will they survive on besides high protein? Im tryin to cut back on the bloodwords for my cichlids, and or teach him to be hand fed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store