DIY : 24/7 New Water Drip System

boisblancboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2006
Michigan
Nah it is really quite simple. Once I get going on it I will take tons of pictures to show how it works!

limz_777

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
great idea, its better you can hook up d waste water pipe to the toilet bowl holding flush tank.

gelf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Blue Mountains
Nice, Nice, Nice :woot: but a little complicated to follow those pics.

I've been thinking of the same sort of thing, but I was going to use a larger flow and overflow into an emergent plant filter bed, then recycle the water back into the system. Reccon this would remove enough of the fish wates?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Very cool setup. I have a setup all designed, but havent been able to use it yet, waiting for my 240 gallon tank. The nice thing for me is that I have well water and dont have to treat or age my water. So, all I have to do is tap into my cold water line, probably with either 1/4" copper or plastic tubing. The line will run from the cold water line near my heating ducts for the house to take the chill off of the water before it gets to the tank, that way my heaters are doing any more work than they have to. Then line will dump directly into my tank and a valve somewhere in the line. Since my tank is going to have a wet.dry system on it, I am either going to put an overflow box in the sump or drill the sump, attach a bulkhead and run it to a drain. So this system is totally simple! The hardest part is going to be getting the valve set just perfect so that 30% of the water will be changed through the week, so approx have the line dripping about a half gallon an hour. So its will be nice no water changes, of course there still will have to be gravel cleanings, but no big deal. So what do you guys think?
you can do exactly what you are doing without having to dial in the valve. Just get a pressure regulator and a drip irrigation emitter (they are preset to X gph) and you're done.
Its what I use and it works very very well.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Nice, Nice, Nice :woot: but a little complicated to follow those pics.

I've been thinking of the same sort of thing, but I was going to use a larger flow and overflow into an emergent plant filter bed, then recycle the water back into the system. Reccon this would remove enough of the fish wates?
Depends on how many fish, if you are seriously understocked yes, otherwise, no.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store