DIY Acrylic 6x4 (pic intense)

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
very nice build. This makes me wonder why so many people build plywood tanks when this seems to have less headaches. Example trying to waterproof plywood and seal in the glass.

Im not speaking from experience, Im just looking for more insight to diy acrylic builds. Considering building one myself

Reactions: jamntoast

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
very nice build. This makes me wonder why so many people build plywood tanks when this seems to have less headaches. Example trying to waterproof plywood and seal in the glass.

Im not speaking from experience, Im just looking for more insight to diy acrylic builds. Considering building one myself
Simple- money.

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
2 year update. Move #2. No problems so far, built like a tank.

Sorry I have not answered sooner, been awhile sense visiting this thread. Cost was close to 2K total including DIY filteration (skinning in Oak was costly). Not the best FTS try to get a better one later.

040.JPG

Recently upgraded the filter as well. Very easy and cost effective. Not sure if these will upload in order...

025.JPG
030.JPG
035.JPG
049.JPG

040.JPG

025.JPG

030.JPG

035.JPG

049.JPG

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
2 year update. Move #2. No problems so far, built like a tank.

Sorry I have not answered sooner, been awhile sense visiting this thread. Cost was close to 2K total including DIY filteration (skinning in Oak was costly). Not the best FTS try to get a better one later.
Recently upgraded the filter as well. Very easy and cost effective. Not sure if these will upload in order...

Nice build and update....how are you liking that tetra pressure filter? Im running one on my 300g for my closed loop.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store