DIY Plywood 1200Gallon -Officialy Started

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Only thing i dont like, is the hight from the aqua to the roof, 56cm..Not to much to work on, but i gues il have to manage :p I lifted it 80cm from the floor to have some space under, for sump,to save extra water for the tanks that i need premade water for etc(Discus).. And offcourse to save alot of crap that il never use..

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Yes its going in the back corner :) I have lifted it 70cm of the ground, to be able to crawl through and manage it :) I also lifted it up becouse i want to take advantage of the space under it, for sump, premade water for other aquariums, etc.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
On the stand under i used 2\6, and crossed over with 2\4 on the top. Should hold pretty good.. I have read so many threads on here about leaks, and im planing on doing this just 1 time, so better safe then sorry..The boards\plates are 18mm OSB plates as they are named in norway,but 18mm should hold pretty good! Tonight im going to make the front and put the walls together with plates. After that i need to find something to cover the screw holes and in the seams.. I will put 2 layers of fiberglass in the entire tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store