Do I Have Ich or Velvet?

USMCSS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
Valhalla
I've kept a ton of fish but never had this problem. This is on my large clown loaches an yoyos and I need to know so as to properly treat. These white spots cover their entire body. I've done my homework but still not certain so I need you guys to see what I see and give me your opinion. I already have my temp at 87 and about to use Mardel Quick Cure but need to be sure before I treat incorrectly.

FYI, it's not easy getting pics of already skiddish loaches so I did the best I could.

boldtogether boldtogether , pops pops , P predatorkeeper87

Loach 4.jpg

Loach 5.jpg

Loach 6.jpg

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
If I had to guess I'd say ich and treat as such. with your temp that high I can't see it spreading any time soon. Paraguard I mentioned in your other post is killer on ich and easy on the fish. mardel is a completely malachite green treatment I believe, and if so is going to play complete hell on your scaleless fish and bio filter brotha.

ps that loaches fins are amazingly red. nice fish.

USMCSS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
Valhalla
If I had to guess I'd say ich and treat as such. with your temp that high I can't see it spreading any time soon. Paraguard I mentioned in your other post is killer on ich and easy on the fish. mardel is a completely malachite green treatment I believe, and if so is going to play complete hell on your scaleless fish and bio filter brotha.

ps that loaches fins are amazingly red. nice fish.
I had to order the kanaplex and paraguard and they won't be here til Saturday and I want to get cracking at this asap but doing so safely. Can I half dose the quick start?

USMCSS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
Valhalla

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I had to order the kanaplex and paraguard and they won't be here til Saturday and I want to get cracking at this asap but doing so safely. Can I half dose the quick start?
yup thatd be a good start, see how the fish react to it and of course be ready for an emergency WC in case.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
As matter of fact, I found out just the other day that the four 7-7.5" cl's I bought last month are all wild caughts and fresh off the boat within the past 2 months.
RD may jump in on this, its his favorite topic ive noticed hahaha, but most CL's we get are wild caught. I'm sure now they are probably being bred somewhere but for the most part if you buy a clown in the lfs, it probably came straight from the other side of the world.

USMCSS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
Valhalla
As matter of fact, I found out just the other day that the four 7-7.5" cl's I bought last month are all wild caughts and fresh off the boat within the past 2 months.
Was it teaspoons or tablespoons of salt per 10 gallons?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store