Does Active Juvenile Polypterus = Active Adult??

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
That's not a fair hint.... lol
haha no it wasn't a fair hint, especially considering my lfs sells rtc's as rtc x colombian catfish (which don't exist), says TSN's rarely get above 1 foot (which is absurd), and thinks dragon gobies would die in brackish water... they're horrible

IMG_1313.JPG
Sold as a Palmas Palmas, but I'm 98% sure she's a Senegal. Has no markings except the small dots along her finlets, like most Senegalus. It's actually the same one that prompted me to start this thread, went back in today to see their new stock and she was still there and very active so I had to get her!

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Nice sen, good grab, i think its meant to be yours.
You need to teach your lfs more about fish and stop giving false info, lolz.

I argue once with this lfs about poly cause they had a sen that was labeled as palmas polli and when i showed them my palmas polli the said that the one i have is an ornate then i showed them my ornate they said that it was a palmas palmas, so i never came back to that store, lolz

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
Nice sen, good grab, i think its meant to be yours.
You need to teach your lfs more about fish and stop giving false info, lolz.

I argue once with this lfs about poly cause they had a sen that was labeled as palmas polli and when i showed them my palmas polli the said that the one i have is an ornate then i showed them my ornate they said that it was a palmas palmas, so i never came back to that store, lolz
yeah I love her already, very happy with my choice!

I tried to teach the owner one time, to tell him that TSN's get huge, so that no more 10 year olds end up with them in a 10gal, and he played the "been doing this for 30 years" card. I still go there because they're the only option I have beside Petsmart, but I just don't expect any help. If I see something I like but don't know about I go home and do research and then go back. To their credit, I've picked up some amazing fish there.

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store