Dovii going nuts smashing into walls help

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
is there fry in there some where you haven't noticed??? my male is like this when fry is about. even if i don't see the fry i can tell by their behaviour they are on fry.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Does he has plenty of cover in there, add some floating plants a big decor so he can hide.
Start considering disease too, some diseases are in most aquarium water and can take a hold if a fish gets stressed.

Torchia32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
California
Does he has plenty of cover in there, add some floating plants a big decor so he can hide.
Start considering disease too, some diseases are in most aquarium water and can take a hold if a fish gets stressed.
Once again the setup has been the same for months and he just started freaking out so not sure the cover has anything to do with it. How would I evaluate a potential disease with no signs

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I think doviis are bipolar or may be tripolar. Lol
LOL I was just thinking, IDK much about Dovii yet, but I was to understand that's just typical Dovii psychoticness-ness. That dude who does the online videos for his Dovii said his didn't calm down until it jumped out of the tank trying to attack him from across the room LMAO Crazy suicidal fishes

MP_cichlid

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2015
Connecticut
Well even though your setup has been constant, if he changes, like maybe a hormone change or any sort of thing, a change in the tank might not hurt.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
sounds like a pissed off juvie dovii, I would keep tank lights off. add some hides for him, and see how it goes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store