Dovii or Peacock bass???

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
20150723_190921.jpg 20150723_192628.jpg
This is the bass swimming around while the dovii was rib shotting him and the other pic the dovii has the terror by the tail

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
That fish is a male. He is a ittle washed out because he is on white substrate, if you had him in a dark substrate you would see the color change. The blue will be nice once he matures he is still young.
20150723_182710.jpg 20150723_182644.jpg 20150723_182252.jpg
few pics of my dovii attached. Interested to know your thoughts on the sex?

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
take him out of the tank and put him in a qt tank and give it a salt bath and let him heal up
or most likely it will end up dead from the dovii harassing it.

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
take him out of the tank and put him in a qt tank and give it a salt bath and let him heal up
or most likely it will end up dead from the dovii harassing it.
I dont have a spare tank atm. My flowerhorn is in my spare 90gallon and the terror would definitely be a feeder if i drop him in that tank. He seems to be doing fine atm and eating food. I have a proper tank divider so I will put that up just to be safe

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
Kinda stupid that you left the festae in its mouth, Your lucky that your bass didnt choke or the festae getting stuck in the bass mouth. How is it nature. You put them in that environment. But its your money and your choice...

This my broko Ocell I had back in the day. He some popped over the divider and tried chewing the convict. I was not there and he got lucky and spat him her out. he was like this for a few hours(I was not there. My teacher snapped this photo)
Then it happened again we had 2wk break. But this time. MY RA kelberi. Not soo lucky...I got a photo of him to. in the freezer still with the con in its mouth
lucky.jpg

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
Kinda stupid that you left the festae in its mouth, Your lucky that your bass didnt choke or the festae getting stuck in the bass mouth. How is it nature. You put them in that environment. But its your money and your choice...

This my broko Ocell I had back in the day. He some popped over the divider and tried chewing the convict. I was not there and he got lucky and spat him her out. he was like this for a few hours(I was not there. My teacher snapped this photo)
Then it happened again we had 2wk break. But this time. MY RA kelberi. Not soo lucky...I got a photo of him to. in the freezer still with the con in its mouth
View attachment 1131834
The bass did choke and die. Im still amazed the festae survived. Like I said in a previous reply, the dovii had ribbed shot the bass and tried pulling the terror out by the tail. After seeing that I gave up on the terror as i thought he was already dead. The next morning i notice the bass was laying on the sand dead, so I netted him out. Went to work pretty pissed off as i thought the bass had killed my terror and himself. When i came home later that day i notice the terror was out swimming around.

juddb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
washington
Well thats exactly what I want in a fish and from what i have read and researched doviis fit that description. I hope my dovii comes around beacause atm he is a boring fish just sitting in his log
At about 10" that will all change! Here's a video of my pair, the most interactive fish I've ever owned, I've had pbass as well but prefer cichlids.

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
At about 10" that will all change! Here's a video of my pair, the most interactive fish I've ever owned, I've had pbass as well but prefer cichlids.
Nice fish man.. Your male dovii looks really relaxed and happy lol.
My little dovii has really come out of its shell. He is really responsive and eats out of my fingers. When he sees me enter the room he gets excited and trys hard to get my attention. When i walk up close to the tank he doesn't flinch and hide anymore, but he will hide if someone else gets close to the tank. He is really growing on me now :) He is starting to dig a lot and when i turn the living room lights off at night he goes mental lol

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
My dovii is growing fast, but still undecided on the sex.. Would like to know experience members opinion on the sex?20150823_174429.jpg 20150823_174431.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store