Dovii tank size

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
My jag pair happy in the 145, They are sitting on clutch I have no ideal what number after 3 years. Dividers a wonderful thing, 140 tank, 240 tank, 400 tank, male going to beat the crap out of the female 3 weeks out of the month. That is just the way they roll.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Mel O

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2009
Seattle
I am not on these forms much any more but I do monitor them on occasion. I had to jump in on this. Please do not keep a Dovii or pair of Dovii in anything less then 500 gallons minimum. They are very amazing fish and need the space to thrive. I know, I have kept them for over 40 years now. Sometimes I feel the 600 gallon tank my current male lives in is too small.

Mandamota

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2015
Eugene, Oregon, USA
I am not on these forms much any more but I do monitor them on occasion. I had to jump in on this. Please do not keep a Dovii or pair of Dovii in anything less then 500 gallons minimum. They are very amazing fish and need the space to thrive. I know, I have kept them for over 40 years now. Sometimes I feel the 600 gallon tank my current male lives in is too small.
:)

Mandamota

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2015
Eugene, Oregon, USA
My jag pair happy in the 145, They are sitting on clutch I have no ideal what number after 3 years. Dividers a wonderful thing, 140 tank, 240 tank, 400 tank, male going to beat the crap out of the female 3 weeks out of the month. That is just the way they roll.
Parachromis are terrible pairs to keep. Dividers are nice, but we should all just stop breeding them.

Reactions: Skalper666

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
My male is only 14" just now but I know just now a larger tank isn't needed and won't be needed for a long time if he doesn't become more active. Just now he swims around my 260 slowly, never darts around or swims quickly so my tank looks huge for him.

Reactions: Mandamota

Mandamota

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2015
Eugene, Oregon, USA
My male is only 14" just now but I know just now a larger tank isn't needed and won't be needed for a long time if he doesn't become more active. Just now he swims around my 260 slowly, never darts around or swims quickly so my tank looks huge for him.
Every fish is different too. My male rtm lays down in his pot, for hours..all 13" of him!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store