Eclipse / Solar / Sunspot Catfish

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
These are very nice catfish. Active and eat very well. But fair warning. the first website you listed (aqualandpetsplus) should not be trusted. The store is junk with bad fish that always get sick and the people are not knowledgeable. They copy paste all their info to their site from others.

kingdaz

Feeder Fish
Apr 22, 2011
gatshead england
hi mate sunspot catfish can grow to 18inchs in size they or a sholing fish but also eat any fish smaller than can fit in there mouths ive 1 8inchs in size very shy fish a joy to have will do great with bigger fish and need large tank only come out at night to hunt hide during the day come from tia land

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
i've got two fat guys in one tank both harmless and around 7''. one a little bigger in my 55 he pushes around all the other cats when the get near his piece of driftwood hes not that aggressive in general just territorial

Kyle_91

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
Centreville,MD
I just bought a suncat the other day from my LFS.
He's a great addition to my community tank. As everyone else stated, they are nocturnal, i have a hollowed out stump that he LOVES to hide in during the day with the clown loaches.
At night he swims all over the place. I drop in a few veggie rounds and sinking shrimp pellets after i turn out my light and hes goes everywhere.
Great addition to the tank to have! :)

Edit: Mines about 5"

FASTLANE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
North Jersey
I have a HUGE one in my community tank. He swims with plecos african chiclids a senegal a bahia red an upside down cat and 2 peacocks. Here is a pic I took recently, measured out to 15" and I am going to move him from a 75 to my 150 as soon as it's cycled.
IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store