Electric Algae Scrubber

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
I got one of these and used it for the first time today. I should have got one of these years ago.
Amazon.com: Electric Spin Scrubber,Cordless Cleaning Brush with Power Display Screen,IP68 Waterproof Shower Cleaning Brush with 8 Replaceable Brush Heads,Adjustable & Detachable Handle and 2 Adjustable Speeds : Everything Else
Can't beat $29. This thing is great. Brushes might be too coarse for acrylic. Used it on glass today. Also great for rocks, logs stumps etc.
So much easier than hand scrubbers, razor blades etc.
Will weigh in on acrylic after I do that tank. It has microfiber pads and a foam pad also. Acrylic tank has very stubborn algae because it's in the sun. So we shall see.
I put masking tape over the USB plug/ cover just to be safe.
If you shop for one just make sure it is IP68 waterproof. Doesn't have to be for "aquariums".

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
So I worked on the acrylic tank today with the scrubber. It's not a magic bullet as far as stubborn algae but it is much much better than manual algae scrub brushes. I had to put an API algae scrubber pad on the sponge head as using microfiber cloths did nothing on the stubborn algae.
I still had to use plastic razor blades to scrape the algae also. To help loosen it up. At least with this scrubber there is much less elbow grease involved.
I did half the tank today. I will be able to maintain the tank much easier with the scrubber. And thus knock out this stubborn algae on a weekly basis.
So for glass tanks it is amazing.
Acrylic - very good.

Cleaning Head.jpg

algae 1.jpg

alage 2.jpg

Reactions: kno4te

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
As a side note I used that tapered brush in the corners. It did not appear to scratch the tank. It's pretty good at removing algae. I will be experimenting with this brush.
The other brushes feel too stiff for acrylic.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store