Electric Blue Acara Fry :)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
little early to separate them, don't you think, Tom? I leave my fry w/ the parents for 2-3 months usually. When they start coming to the surface for food is when I split them up.

Have you tried feeding them Daphnia?

I moved most of them because I was doing a wc the day I discovered fry was in the aquarium stirred up a lot of detritus from gravel vac, so was worried about it affecting the fry. The fry are doing pretty well so far, probably lost 5. I will order live daphnia in the future, right now I've been feeding them micro food, and micro worms.:)

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I moved most of them because I was doing a wc the day I discovered fry was in the aquarium stirred up a lot of detritus from gravel vac, so was worried about it affecting the fry. The fry are doing pretty well so far, probably lost 5. I will order live daphnia in the future, right now I've been feeding them micro food, and micro worms.:)
Mine just EAT the detritus lol.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Mine just EAT the detritus lol.

I have noticed the few that she is guarding may be eating detritus too lol. Next time I'll feel comfortable leaving the fry with female now, for her first time she has done great so far, charges the egg crate divider every time the male comes near it lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store