Electric Blue Acara Fry :)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Are EB Acras as inbred as EB Jack Dempseys? I guess my question is do you generally just get 2 EB Acaras to breed directly, or is the process similar to EBJDs by using a Blue Gene carrier? Congrats on your success breeding!
Welcome to MFK; ) TBh I know you have to have 2 EBA'S in order to breed true EBA fry.

Reactions: Vancouver_98683

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
So the separated fry didn't make it? What about the ones with mum?

They're adorable though! Not as cute as the poly fry (that was you, right? Apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else) but still pretty darn cute. :D

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I always leave a few fry with the parents its good practice for them and I have found that if I leave them some they will not breed again as fast. I like to spawn them but I don't have a need for thousands of EBA babies to deal with.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
After a month the fry got sick, and the rest died if they spawn again I'll leave them with Mom.
I had the same experience. I siphoned the fry to another tank and fed them live daphnia I cultivate. They grew quickly and tripled in size in about a month, then one by one died off. Now I have only one survivor left. If the pair spawn again, I will try again but I won't have live daphnia to feed them because it is too cold outside. Just wonder if died off is common with EBA fry.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
All this time only ONE spawn???

I noticed my Jaguars going through the motions of pre-spawn earlier today :D Gotta set up a few medium sized tanks for my other pairs to get the breeding going.

Yes the female turned evil almost killed the male had to nurse him back to health lol. That's great what are going to do with all the fry?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store