Ever feel like this hobby is taking over ur life?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Besides fish keeping literally my only other hobbies are sports and thats it lol. I literally find myself consumed in this hobby during ALL of my free time. Whether its just sitting by my tank and watching my fish, discusing fish on this forum, watching fish shows and documentaries on netflix to youtubing fish videos lol yes i do this and i do it often.....i hope im not the only one lol

I have an obbsession and i started this thread to see if any of u consume urself as well lol

Its gotten to the point where ive asked myself why im obsessed with this hobby?...and i cant answer that question

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Besides fish keeping literally my only other hobbies are sports and thats it lol. I literally find myself consumed in this hobby during ALL of my free time. Whether its just sitting by my tank and watching my fish, discusing fish on this forum, watching fish shows and documentaries on netflix to youtubing fish videos lol yes i do this and i do it often.....i hope im not the only one lol

I have an obbsession and i started this thread to see if any of u consume urself as well lol

Its gotten to the point where ive asked myself why im obsessed with this hobby?...and i cant answer that question
cuz it makes u happy n keeps u occupy. Dont worry my man, i youtube asian aros, monster aquariums, diy aquarium joey all the time. I spend time with friends, free time I hop on MFK n crack a few jokes n dumb posts hoping to make people laugh. i dont watch fish documentaries/River Monsters though. TBH I watch my fish maybe at most 30 mins a day. Im always on this site looking for new ideas/improvements and the next badass monster I need to have. Hey no shame, although my friends dont understand. Lol especially when I tell them how much I spent on my BD rays...

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'm not sure either. I remember being a kid and having a small tank in the basement. My parents bought me a red tailed "shark", which I believed was a real shark. Somehow, later on, I have four tanks and I'm trying to house the biggest, most bad ass fish I can find. Maybe this starts early.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
I'm not sure either. I remember being a kid and having a small tank in the basement. My parents bought me a red tailed "shark", which I believed was a real shark. Somehow, later on, I have four tanks and I'm trying to house the biggest, most bad ass fish I can find. Maybe this starts early.
Started at age 14? Been in and out, but been steady for the past 5 years in terms of involvement

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Ive been in the hobby since i was about 16 but didnt keep any real fish until i was about 18.

None of my friends understand my hobby or my gf but they are all suportive especially my gf and my best bro....thats all o could ask for ...hes helped me move so many tanks lol ....

Reactions: Larry O and isde02

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
My opinion is, if your hobby is consuming your life, then you're hobbying right. :D

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
+3! I know I am obsessed and whatever the reason is I don't care. Head over heels for this hobby, love it to death!

Reactions: tlindsey

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Ive just wondered what draws me to this hobby......growing up i had no influence in fish keeping what so ever. Its an adiction

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store