Exodons - Bucktooth Tetra

Sparkyrad5150

Feeder Fish
Nov 11, 2023
I apologize for posting this in the piranha forum. I'm a new member and can't post in the Other Monster Fish category.

My Bucktooth Tetras seem to be very picky eaters. The only thing I can seem to get them to eat is beef heart and blood worms. I've tried other food such as tilapia, shrimp, krill, feeder guppies and black worms. Any ideas as what I'm doing wrong or do I have the worlds pickiest Bucktooth tetras?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I apologize for posting this in the piranha forum. I'm a new member and can't post in the Other Monster Fish category.

My Bucktooth Tetras seem to be very picky eaters. The only thing I can seem to get them to eat is beef heart and blood worms. I've tried other food such as tilapia, shrimp, krill, feeder guppies and black worms. Any ideas as what I'm doing wrong or do I have the worlds pickiest Bucktooth tetras?
Welcome aboard
Bloodworms are in my opinion equivalent to giving children candy 😆
I would wait a couple of days of not feeding the beef heart or Bloodworms and try the other foods again.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas

Welcome to the fun group. lol.

Reactions: tlindsey

AR1

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth

welcome to mfk

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Never heard of picky exodons. You can try starving as suggested. What often works for me with picky fish is to feed them what they like and when the frenzy starts, throw in bits of something else. That often gets them to at least taste the new food and eventually one of the fish will eat it. And when it does, others follow suit in time

Eskimo_Edd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2020
Don't feed them for a week or 2. When I had Exos, I fed them high quality pellets as a staple.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store