Expert i need help please help me to identify this arowana

GonePhishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2013
Philippines
Banjars and green are almost the same, they have silvery color from all levels of scales, some banjars are mistaken as red by the novice eye, since they have reddish coloration in their scales and fins (some calls it low grade red) some have a very nice yellow fin. So to answer your question.. there is no HB or xb banjars. Pretty much their scales would stay the same when til they mature, it might improve but.. barely. Unlike RTG's and HBRTG's the level of shine and gold tone improves as it mature. Normally RTG and HBRTG have greyish base color covered with gold scales. XBs have gold base and blue base.

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
WOW so beautiful even its look like RTG .

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Banjar Red. If you are to keep it in a black tank with black base, the finages will turn reddish. When you say it doesn't come with cert or chip meaning it's a smuggled piece in your country? I believe any one who import or export out of singapore require the fish to be chipped.

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Thanks a lot Mr Koji and Nitin.Ya its without chip and cert.He eats only dried shrimp.Today i fed live gold fish but he is scared of it and ate only two.

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Thanks a lot Mr Koji and Nitin.Ya its without chip and cert.He eats only dried shrimp.Today i fed live gold fish but he is scared of it and ate only two.
Try feeding it dead meat like prawn meat. If not you can also try training it to accept pellet as it's diet. Feeding the dried shrimp alone is not an ideal diet. Some arowana may not be able to handle this diet and ended up having protrucding anus.

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Mr Koji i tried hikari food sticks he spits out even i made him to starve for two days but he is not accepting.So today i got some gold fish and fed hikari to them later by evening i fed these gold to my aro but he was scared to have them later he had two i hope after an hour.After a week today is the first day i fed live fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store