Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

Expert i need help please help me to identify this arowana

Discussion in 'Arowanas' started by moorthy, Feb 24, 2013.

1. moorthy

moorthy MFK Members

Sep 20, 2013
      Same way Mr Koji i like to have a aggressive fish like previously during in 2008 i had red belly piranha at that time very few had piranha in my state later King kamfa.Now am craze to have arowana.Here in chennai (India) people wont get arowana because of cost example we can get silver aro very easily around US$15 but green,Banjar are around US$75 with out chip and cert.But RTG and HBgold with chip and cert cost around US$260.

2. moorthy

moorthy MFK Members

Sep 20, 2013
      Dear Friends
      Past two days am feeding fresh market prawns(without shell).I just cut prawns into pieces and feeding he likes very much but just once a day(morning).Evening he is having dried shrimps.
      Now i have a doubt now a days am feeding market prawns,live gold fishes will his aggressiveness will increase?.Because when i touch the tank he comes to bite by shrinking his body and jumping.I could able to see the changes.

Moorthy

3. evilobster

evilobster MFK Members

Feb 6, 2015
      i'd stay away from live food as it is pretty poor in nutritional value (thats according to one of the stickies on this site) i'd go for starving him again and training to eat the hikari carni sticks, its a more nutritionally balanced meal for the fish. otherwise you'd have to fuss about feeding lots of different things to your fish to ensure that it gets all its nutritional needs. lets see what the other folks here have to say, since asian aros are illegal here in the good ol' usa i've only cared for silvers.

4. Nithin

Nithin MFK Members

Oct 4, 2013
      +1,Go with hikari my friend starved a small gold arowana(little bit smaller than yours) for 8 days to get it to eat hikari so dont worry about it dying if food is not given for a week

5. moorthy

moorthy MFK Members

Sep 20, 2013
      Dear Friends
      Update on my aro.Now i could see colour changes in dorsal fin and Anal fin its changing into black here is the pic

DSCF1190.JPG

DSCF1191.JPG

DSCF1198.JPG

6. Nithin

Nithin MFK Members

Oct 4, 2013
    7. moorthy

moorthy MFK Members

Sep 20, 2013
      Yaa sure soon i will post the pic.Recently i can see alots of colour changes in my aro.

Moorthy

8. baji

baji MFK Members

baji...
      Jul 21, 2015
      Nice update moorthy...
      Good Luck...

MonsterAquariaNetwork App

9. moorthy

moorthy MFK Members

Sep 20, 2013
      Thanks Baji