Facial damage on my maru

Praetorian39

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2023
So i experimented on my yellow maru by putting him on a small plastic box with ketapang leaves and a plastic net on top for cover, then placed my tanning light on top to directly tan him , and when i check on him the next morning he got his face injured and a scale is hanging off on side. I already placed him back to his original tank and stressed asf , what should i do and i know i ****ed up ughhh

chronick

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Well that's a silly thing to do... Doing those superficial things won't change his appearance anyways, You need to permanently change the aquarium conditions if you want to bring out those qualities just like how they're acquired in their natural environment.

Depending on the size and location of the scale. Your fish might never look the same. I've had an Auranti jump and lose scales off the top of his head and they grew back uneven and kind of rumply.

Praetorian39

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2023
Hii
Well that's a silly thing to do... Doing those superficial things won't change his appearance anyways, You need to permanently change the aquarium conditions if you want to bring out those qualities just like how they're acquired in their natural environment.

Depending on the size and location of the scale. Your fish might never look the same. I've had an Auranti jump and lose scales off the top of his head and they grew back uneven and kind of rumply.
Hii, yeah lesson learned it healed back fast with acriflavine in just 3 days , and he's back to his old aggressive self hehe thanks for the reply i really appreciate it 😊
Here are after and before pictures of his recovery

IMG_20230412_211942.jpg

IMG_20230406_144622.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store