Favorite cherry shrimp foods

code

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2023
I recently invested in some glassgarten shrimp foods I was placing an order anyway so thought I would try out some different things. I have new life spectrum algea max from another set up. Iv tried some blanched veggies. Glassgarten Bacter AE, Shrimp Dinner,Shrimp baby. I also got some really inexpensive pellets called shrimps nature shrimp food. Bacter AE aside. My shrimp only really like the cheap shrimps nature pellets. I'd like to add variety to there diet but don't want to spend a fortune figuring out what they like. I was going to order some Snowflake food.

I just thought, before I order anything else I'd ask people what they have had success with?

Thank you!

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
My cherry shrimp main diet is algae/biofilm and almond leaves. Every 2 or 3 days I put in a pinch of NLS algaemax.

code

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2023
I have NLS Algeamax wafers. My shrimp don't really bother with them though. Maybe if I put them in a coffee grinder and ground them up. Iv heard of people doing this

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I have NLS Algeamax wafers. My shrimp don't really bother with them though. Maybe if I put them in a coffee grinder and ground them up. Iv heard of people doing this
I just put in a pinch of pellets and they all gather around them.

Snapchat-1829574703.jpg

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
Mine eat mostly biofilm and normal tank detritus. I feed crushed alge flake 2 times a week, only a small amount.

code

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2023
I was having problems with some of my shrimp food in pad and large pellet form. Like NLS Algea max. I heard other people feeding the same foods in smaller granual size. I bought a $6 plastic pill cutter with a little razor blade in it when I was recently at the pharmacy. Chops stuff up into little pieces. My shrimp eat those foods now!

Wanted to share. Thought it was a cool trick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store