Feeding Afrowana

Big Uli

Gambusia
Sep 3, 2015
I've stumbled across africa arowana during a recent visit to a shop and was wondering what do you guys who have one feed yours?
Are crushed pellets an option?
Thing is I work away from home for a few days at the time and an auto feeder is necessary for me

I was thinking arowana anyway and to feed it on pellets but with a filter feeder that may prove difficult

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
How big is the afro?.....feeding small ones can be problematic,though flakes may be accepted, but I have had medium to large sizers that ate pellets.

Big Uli

Gambusia
Sep 3, 2015
Hi
They are ranging for 8 to 12 inches
Not sure I'll be getting any of those but they are available and I can always ask them to get me something bigger and for £75 for those I've seen I don't mind paying the money for a biggun

Not ready fopr one yet in any case
I'm getting a tank soon in the new house and already decided on arowana

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No need to ask for them any bigger as eight inches is a pretty good size to start with.

Big Uli

Gambusia
Sep 3, 2015
like i've said it will be some time but I can always go and ask them to get me one
I haven't been in that LFS for 6 years and they recognised me right away
I'm a proper fish nerd LOL

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Over six inches they are easier to feed smaller ones need constant access to food.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
like i've said it will be some time but I can always go and ask them to get me one
I haven't been in that LFS for 6 years and they recognised me right away
I'm a proper fish nerd LOL
Well okay then,just be advised to avoid really small ones whenever you are ready.
That sounds like a really nice fish shop.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store