Finally got myself a Datnoid!

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Nice pic of your Dat, Jhawk!

Raj, and Nelson, don't worry.. one day I'm sure you all will own one or some day. :)

Here's a video of my datnoid in my quarantine eating bloodworms.

[video=youtube_share;kWPYTuHTJ0U]http://youtu.be/kWPYTuHTJ0U?list=UUxGO3fIp4GXFC8aQHW6oFSg[/video]

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Nice jhawk974!

To rajatariqmustafa15 if you would like to know mines currently divided in a tank with a fh lol.. Today I guess the fh was curious to what was on the other side and decided to knock down two dividers :WHOA:.

But I go over and see my datnoid healthy, untouched, begging for some attention and my fh on the other side of the tank begging for some food.

Been a bit lazy to set up a 75 gal for the fh :(, I guess I'll wake a bit early before work and finish the stand and fill it!

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey guys, he/she is settling in nicely. Has recovered nicely from ich already, and showing signs of improvement in behavior and health.

Here's some pics of him/her eating and looking at bloodworms.

Still very shy about going into the more brighter area of the tank where the bloodworms are, but he quickly sneaks by all the time to grab a bite to take back to his favorite dimly-lit spot to eat. I noticed that his/her colors are more stable in darker conditions it seems. And then the colors starts to fade a little bit and become somewhat unstable when he/she in more intense lights.

Any of you experienced this? Will this always happen or will they eventually grow to be more stable in time?

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah, it's my first severum cichlid I have ever kept. It's a green severum. Doing well in the tank as well. I intially thought it was a uaru fernandezyepzi lol but found out recently that it's a green sev. Oh well, he/she looks really great anyway and will get to about 8-12 inches and also somewhat peaceful, I heard.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Hm well it seems my datnoid and fh are pretty decent buddies now. The fh knocked over the divider again and never made any attempt to attack my datnoid which is pretty strange. This fh is ruthless, got into a decent amount of fights with my other fh when I was growing them out at around 2 inches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cee0BsauKZ0

Don't mind the botched together lids lol, running the fx5 for a little bit on the tank so I can move the fh to the 75 gal along with the fx5

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store