Finicky Florida

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I have a 8-10" Florida that won't eat if I don't hand feed. How can I get him to eat on his own and how do I pellet train him? I've tried freeze dried krill, foodsticks, and bloodworms.

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Does he eat live? If so feed live for a couple days always dropping in at the same spot, then feed same food but dead dropped into the same spot, then after a few days switch to tilapia or shrimp and you're in your way. He will come to expect food being dropped in and snatch it right away

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Does he eat live? If so feed live for a couple days always dropping in at the same spot, then feed same food but dead dropped into the same spot, then after a few days switch to tilapia or shrimp and you're in your way. He will come to expect food being dropped in and snatch it right away
Ive never fed him live, I can drop silversides or krill right next to him and he won't touch it. I never had this issue with my old shortnose he just ate what he saw the other fish eating.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
starve him for 3 days then drop the silversides in. you already have him eating frozen and off live so the pellets will just come with time

Reactions: isde02
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store