Fish dying one by one

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
frozen foods can be suspect, esp blood worms, as stated treat for parasites. and perhaps switch to freeze dried.

you say water perams are good, what are they running and what test kit using? water change schedule?

sorry not meaning to suggest you do not know what you are doing., just slandered questions to ask from any one including me when help/answers are needed.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
ive never purchased blood worms. lately its been mysis shrimp and krill. by lately i mean the last two months of so. i dont even drop a whole cube in that tank.

ammonia and nitrite at 0. nitrates 10-20ppm. i used the api liquid test kit.

i change 40-50% a week.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
that all sounds good for water quality. I would look to parasite treatment and not feed for a few days. bloated gut suggest some kind of digestive tract issue. Over feeding can lead to early death. to much protein can also. these 2 ussuly go hand in hand. with the bloating I would probably add Epson salt to the tank. or soak the food in it first if going to continue to feed for the next few days.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and again not saying this is you, these are just reasons why a other wise healthy fish for a year and half will suddenly drop dead.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
i know. im so confused. the last time i added a fish to that tank was several months ago. the little convict. im gonna soak their food in prazi for now because the remain fish are defecating normally.

it just happens so fast. theyre sick then theyre dead.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Most barbs are farm raised in Asia, shipped to wholesalers and so on, once they make their way to the market; they're likely infected by something. Once its hits a tipping point fish start showing outward signs.....If it were a digestive issue, it's odd that fish would drop one by one in a short period.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I'm the one using bloodworm, I used Hikari Pure-Bio Frozen Bloodworm, shrimp pellet, NLS micro pellet and cut smelt (smelt mainly for crayfish but these greedy barbs always get some shares), my barb don't died in short period of time instead here and there sudden death like 1 in few months and happened only with tiger barb species.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
My convict hated barbs, and attacked them at night; they'd then show signs of stress, disease and die quickly.

Just a thought, especially given you added one recently

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Get a quarantine tank. Treat the new fish with prazi/metro. Keep them isolated for three weeks feeding normally. Use the prazi/metro as a food soak when first purchased, and monitor them. After three weeks tey would be OK. Acclimate them slowly into you water for several hours before releasing them into qt tank. Try this and see if it helps.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Which new fish? The convict? I've had him close to five months now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store