North Pole
At least the water is very clean

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
At least the water is very clean
Gotta give them that.I have seen some display tanks in shops and restaurants where the water looked like iced tea.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
It's like the poor thing is trapped in a goldfish bowl.
More of a gourami bowl lol but seriously that does need a larger world to explore and not even close to being finished growing. At least the fish does look relatively healthy and has probably received regular water changes. Come to think of it, haven't you just completely a pond? If so stock him in that, its about the right size for any of the giant gouramis.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Wow hes in a small setup , if hes 10 yr old he must be stunted by now.
Still like the others have mentioned at least his water looks clean and he looks well looked after apart from tanksize

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
if hes 10 yr old he must be stunted by now.
+1

One of my favorite fish! I was holding out for one of these but had a white GG fell into my lap, so I settled for that instead......still an awesome fish.

Bring some grapes(or any soft fruits or leafy veggies) with you next time you go to the salon, that RTGG will love it.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I had heard stunting defined as, a fish will stop growing externally but the organs will continue to grow internally.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I had heard stunting defined as, a fish will stop growing externally but the organs will continue to grow internally.
I have also heard that but never seen an example of it....I would imagine such a fish would be incredibally bloated.I agree though that the RTGG would probably gain size if placed in a larger container which gets us back to it being at least temporarily stunted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store