fish room work in progress

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Charney Charney where is the update?
was actually signing on to right a little more. Will hopefully get the last fish in tomorrow. Finally got my sump running on my 75 that was a **** ****

I need some input the room is close to done and hopefully finished in the near future. I just need to get the contractor back to hook up the room to the generator ( and when he does this all my outlets will be live). ALso my floor drain pump isn't completely plumbed yet.

Once this is finished he said he would build wood stands for me. Here is my thoughts for lay out. all input would be helpful. All stands will be two tier. Unfortunately the room is only 7 feet high so this limits me. I would love to run sumps with most of these tanks but don't know how that could be done since there will be min room under the tank. please give me input

the 6x4 tank will be two of these stacked. sump will inbetween that and the 3x6 and they will share it. under the 3x6 and 8 x 1.5 (this will hold my very long 180) there will be small tanks. The 6 x 1.5 stand will be for 4 40 breeders for quarantine. Everything shaded is to hold tanks. all numbers should be in feet. Really any ideas on how to do sumps on tank along the walls pls let me know. If you have abetter layout pls let me know. I have the 180 that is 8 x 1.5 and the two 250s that are 6x4. I plan on picking up a 6x3

the one mistake I have caught so far is the I should of had the main door on the bottom right swing out and not into the room.

Reactions: terror27

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
was actually signing on to right a little more. Will hopefully get the last fish in tomorrow. Finally got my sump running on my 75 that was a **** ****

I need some input the room is close to done and hopefully finished in the near future. I just need to get the contractor back to hook up the room to the generator ( and when he does this all my outlets will be live). ALso my floor drain pump isn't completely plumbed yet.

Once this is finished he said he would build wood stands for me. Here is my thoughts for lay out. all input would be helpful. All stands will be two tier. Unfortunately the room is only 7 feet high so this limits me. I would love to run sumps with most of these tanks but don't know how that could be done since there will be min room under the tank. please give me input

the 6x4 tank will be two of these stacked. sump will inbetween that and the 3x6 and they will share it. under the 3x6 and 8 x 1.5 (this will hold my very long 180) there will be small tanks. The 6 x 1.5 stand will be for 4 40 breeders for quarantine. Everything shaded is to hold tanks. all numbers should be in feet. Really any ideas on how to do sumps on tank along the walls pls let me know. If you have abetter layout pls let me know. I have the 180 that is 8 x 1.5 and the two 250s that are 6x4. I plan on picking up a 6x3

the one mistake I have caught so far is the I should of had the main door on the bottom right swing out and not into the room.
You can put the sump next to the tanks and put it all on one system

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Go, Charney!

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
so haven't posted for a bit. Hopefully July 14th we are finishing the room and will build the rack. I am in talks with mfk's own Jsodwi on custom build two tier metal stands for my 225s. I have also made some purchases
can't really tell this is a 90g thank you Terror27

3 drilled 40g thank you arowfan

oh and some new wood

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
looks like we will swoon have another site to consider for a possible meet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store