fish tanks in the bedroom? good or bad?

pi-eyed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I've got a 180g + a 75g in the living room. I put 180g + a 150g in my father in-laws room--concrete floor back there--lol... I figure the old guy is up 20 times a night to take a leak anyway so the filters won't bother him to much:ROFL::ROFL:!!!!!

----Chris

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
The trickling drove me mad when I lived in an apartment with 4 tanks in my room. Having a fish room is much better.

moo.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2010
Brisbane & Melbourne, Australia
kevinfleming21;4626422; said:
Jeasus Cam, how big is that freaking monitor!!????
I didnt even notice that was a computer screen. I thought it was a window with light coming through the blinds. That thing is massive!

Ive got two 180s, a 3ft (soon to be replaced by a 120) and a pond in my room. No health problems, except for a sore back from cleaning the damn things.
I have to leave my windows open constantly or else it becomes too humid and when I'm home I leave my door open to let fresh air in.

cyberhog05

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2009
Western Montucky
moo.;4631093; said:
I didnt even notice that was a computer screen. I thought it was a window with light coming through the blinds. That thing is massive!

Ive got two 180s, a 3ft (soon to be replaced by a 120) and a pond in my room. No health problems, except for a sore back from cleaning the damn things.
I have to leave my windows open constantly or else it becomes too humid and when I'm home I leave my door open to let fresh air in.
Sounds like a job for a dehumidifier???

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
i have a 200gal in my bedroom :) it has two oscars and a watermelon panaque in it. also has tinfoil barbs :) i've always had a tank/tanks in my bedroom. love waking up to my fish. :D

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
i had a 110 in my room for a long time, i really enjoyed it except when the water level dropped so that it sounded like i was sleeping under a waterfall. But i wasn't too keen on it the day the canister filter decided to pump all of the water from the tank onto my bedroom floor, or the day my neighbor sprayed insecticide on the side of the house (outside my bedroom window) and killed my fish.

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
I have a 55 gallon, 29 gallon, 20 gallon long, and two 10 gallons in my room here at school. :D Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to have any in my room at home. :(

Anyway, I enjoy having the aquariums in my room; they help to break the silence and keep the humidity up in the winter. The only problem is the trickling of the filters gets annoying if the water level drops too low due to the high rate of evaporation in the winter, but it's fine otherwise.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
Really depend on your sleeping habits and your filter choice.

Some people can sleep through Armageddon and for them, tanks are no problem; if some people wake up at drop of a pin, I suggest leave the fish out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store