Fishing as a hobby

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I almost always catch and release , I hate it when people take trophy size fish as they r the most important fish in a ecosystem and large size is genetically linkEd

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I also find it infuriating that almost all large fish are endangered or near so b cuz of greed, and shark gunners make me want to scream, we should take the boats away from shark dinners, and their ilk , then said boats should be sunk to make reefs

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I almost always catch and release , I hate it when people take trophy size fish as they r the most important fish in a ecosystem and large size is genetically linkEd
Hold up. Stop just running your mouth and use those ears a second.

Large fish are far past their prime reproductive days, which in turn means they've produced fish that carry the potential to get big. So there's really no reason not to harvest large fish if you so desire.
I also find it infuriating that almost all large fish are endangered or near so b cuz of greed, and shark gunners make me want to scream, we should take the boats away from shark dinners, and their ilk , then said boats should be sunk to make reefs
You make me want to scream. Really?!? Take boats away from people who are using natural resources that are carefully managed by scientists who actually have a clue about what they're talking about? Not all sharks need to be protected. There's plenty of shark populations that are fishable and made into fish and chips everyday. Besides what's the problem with the Sharks being eaten instead of being kept in an aquarium? Most species of open water sharks aren't bred in captivity. They're either removed one way or another from their natural environment.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Hold up. Stop just running your mouth and use those ears a second.

Large fish are far past their prime reproductive days, which in turn means they've produced fish that carry the potential to get big. So there's really no reason not to harvest large fish if you so desire.
You make me want to scream. Really?!? Take boats away from people who are using natural resources that are carefully managed by scientists who actually have a clue about what they're talking about? Not all sharks need to be protected. There's plenty of shark populations that are fishable and made into fish and chips everyday. Besides what's the problem with the Sharks being eaten instead of being kept in an aquarium? Most species of open water sharks aren't bred in captivity. They're either removed one way or another from their natural environment.
he was talking about shark-finners.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
As far as big fish being important for a ecosystem: big largemouth are not necessarily old largemouth also many older fish actually produce higher amounts of fry at older ages, it should also be noted fish at the end of their max life span are rarely healthy trophy fish, it should also be noted that lmb live up to at least 26 years

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store