FISHING SEASON 09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Bottomfeeder;3733934; said:
It's derail time.
CF, I think that Jacunda Pike I asked about a few pages back was actually a Crenicichla lenticula
The one in that pic is definitly a LENT but the pic of the other one was caught in the wild so the patterns may very. I not sure but I dont believe it was a lent.

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
cichlid fiend;3733399; said:
Well I can't make there right now but I just pulled up to bakers basin. So stay tuned!!!

Well abort that mission, the canal was unthawed but very muddy and the basin was still frozen over. Well disappointment has sat in but I think I want to try one more spot!!

Second spot od the day was the Pennsylvania D & R canal. The water was unthawed but was also muddy. Finally they finished flood repairs and the water level was back to normal, its was very close to dry for about 2 years. I didnt catch anything but it was good to go fishing and one of my favorite shore spots is a go for the coming year!!

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
cichlid fiend;3734084; said:
Second spot od the day was the Pennsylvania D & R canal. The water was unthawed but was also muddy. Finally they finished flood repairs and the water level was back to normal, its was very close to dry for about 2 years. I didnt catch anything but it was good to go fishing and one of my favorite shore spots is a go for the coming year!!
Hmmmm, Muddy water or not fish gotta eat at least give it ago especially if theres some thrawed spots to reach actual water. Don't tell me you think Bass and other fish can't find your lure. I have gone on night fishing tours where I could hardly see my hand in front of my face, using dark colored to black worms and caught Monster Bass. The hardest part about fishing at night is you really can't see or keep track of the gators, and the gators are on the feed at night.

As for me today more family arrived last night so fishing went out, the window. But tomorrow I have a late morning lake walk for Bass and then I scheduled a afternoon tour from 1pm to 5pm in the boat on the same lake we fished that we pulled in 25+ Bass on. Just this time I'll be trying for the evening feed, will be pulling the boat out just before dark.
:popcorn:

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Tequila;3734526; said:
Hmmmm, Muddy water or not fish gotta eat at least give it ago especially if theres some thrawed spots to reach actual water. Don't tell me you think Bass and other fish can't find your lure. I have gone on night fishing tours where I could hardly see my hand in front of my face, using dark colored to black worms and caught Monster Bass. The hardest part about fishing at night is you really can't see or keep track of the gators, and the gators are on the feed at night.

As for me today more family arrived last night so fishing went out, the window. But tomorrow I have a late morning lake walk for Bass and then I scheduled a afternoon tour from 1pm to 5pm in the boat on the same lake we fished that we pulled in 25+ Bass on. Just this time I'll be trying for the evening feed, will be pulling the boat out just before dark.
yeah I agree, muddy water fishing can be great! I landed my biggest of the year(4.9lbs) in coffee colored water on the black buzzy baby!!!!

Also I learned this year night fishing isn't any different from day light fishing. The fish seem to beable to see the same. Why I say that is cause when we first started doing the night tournaments the older guys were all using black & blue worms and were all catches monsters and my buzzy was landing all 2-3 pounders.

07 and 08 season was alot better but this year I learned alot!!!!

cichlidfinder

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
N W INDIANA
Well for me right now fishing sucks. All the local lakes are frozen over but not thick enough for safe ice fishing. I tried fishing yesterday and fell through the ice. Thankfully only up to my waist.

dingoofus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bundy, Queensland, Australia

Nice little bream from last night, might be taking the boat out later today for more fishing.

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
Jersey Jack landed the first Bass after we entered the beginning of the spot, but nothing after that not even a bump. I got a missed hit on a Spro Frog which on the second cast drilled the frog, but eventually got hung up in some thickets bout 3 foot out. I didn't wanna chance loosing the frog so I just ripped it out of the Basses mouth and let the Bass slide back into the muck. After a ruling from the commissioner ;) the Bass counted as a catch . So we went to lunch tied one all.

After lunch we headed to Saggy Fun Bags lake and put the boat in, with the wind whipping up the way it was and the temp dropping, we made it one and half times around the lake before Jersey Jack cried uncle. So it was tied 10 Bass a piece so we took our last cast and I hit a fish but it got off before reaching the boat, but according to the R.O.E, if you have a fish on and it gets off you can't end that way you need to take another cast. I, and jack took another cast both fishing bouncing worms on the bottom mine came in with a fish his didn't.

I won 11 Bass to Jersey JAck's 10. Then after he dropped me off I went out and fished a few ponds on foot and pulled in another 8 Bass so a total of 21 Bass between the to of us and 8 additional while pond walking for the last hour of light for me :D. Note reason Jersey Jack isn't in any pics is all his catch didn't warant any pics he said.

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
What a evening the high today was 60F degrees, got on the canal at 4pm and at 4:15pm the fish in the canal just turned on, 17 Bass in just over 2 hrs. The largest pictured here and the rest just averaging the other pictured.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
cichlid fiend;3735736; said:
yeah I agree, muddy water fishing can be great! I landed my biggest of the year(4.9lbs) in coffee colored water on the black buzzy baby!!!!

Also I learned this year night fishing isn't any different from day light fishing. The fish seem to beable to see the same. Why I say that is cause when we first started doing the night tournaments the older guys were all using black & blue worms and were all catches monsters and my buzzy was landing all 2-3 pounders.

07 and 08 season was alot better but this year I learned alot!!!!
Sound, flash, and vibration are the keys Ive learned for night time bass fishing. Shallow flats next to deep water seem to produce best. Dark colors, Or chrom colors that reflect light. Rattle traps, Blade baits (Buzz baits, spinner baits, Chatter baits), and other topwaters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store