FISHING SEASON 2K11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
Nice yellow perch!That's a nice eating size bass, numbers of bass are almost always sufficient for the occasional recreational angler harvest, especially when gut hooked. I had to fillet a 3 lber today. Giant fillets and they cook up well too! I am all about conservation, but what he took was sustainable. Don't get me started on commercial fishing >:0 got about 3 dozen shiners for bass fishing tomorrow on lake Toho. Hope to finally find me a 10+.I am really enjoying the salty updates.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
not saying it was a crime to keep just it was a particularly pretty fish - ive kept 2 of em this year due to gut hooking as well not sayin its gonna crash the ecosystem :p - should be ordering that 6500 on thursday btw jworth

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
You'll like the 6500. My favorite of all of bait casters. Just an all around good size. Using old original abu 6000's this week for bass. Live well went out in boat last night and all 40 of my shiners died. That's about $80 at bait shop. Had to buy a doZen for $20. Really mad and only 2 gar to show for it.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
man. 40 shiners $80?? that's rough... i think the little baitshop I go to when I get live bait is like $4/dozen for 3-4" minnows year round, where they big or what?

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
Yeah they're $2 each basically. Picture a 6" bala shark and that's the average size, some bigger and some smaller. They are same basic shape too. Google golden shiner. #1 bait here in FL. I like ones closer to 7-8" especially now in prespawn. Ones from the bait shop aren't as good as the ones I catch and die fast, so this was a very upsetting morning that I lost so many. Caught a few more and fished this evening. We landed 3 small bass up to 3lbs, a pickerel and missed several hook ups for one reason or another. Hoping to have better news Friday! Doing the Disney thing tomorrow :/

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
jworth, where you fishing? My buddy is a fisheries biologist specializing in large mouth bass and he works out of Melbourne. I can ask him what lakes are really good right now.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
dang, thats good sized for $2 a piece still makes me shudder a bit haha. hope you catch some bigguns next time you make it out

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
JD, fishing lake tohopakeliga in kissimee.

NC, the cost adds up since its easy to go through a dozen per sitting. Lucky to have been able to net a good number. They're expensive, especially when the gar like to kill them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store