Fishing Season 2k15!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Had an awesome time fishing in Michigan and caught a total of around 70 fish. Monday we fished at one of my relative's private lakes in their back yard which was huge but only 5' deep at max, though still very good visibility. At that lake I caught about 60-65 fish, most of which were pancake sized sunfish (Bluegills, Pumpkinseeds, and hybrids between the two) but I still caught a good bit of nice sized Largemouth. Tuesday I fished at the River Raisin in town at Dundee and caught 7 fish, although 2 of them were lifelisters! Caught a pair of rock bass, a nice 16" 3 lb channel cat, three nice little River Chubs (the first lifer), and a solid 14-15" Golden Redhorse (second lifer). Of course we also had to stop at the massive Cabela's in Dundee and I spent about $200 there just on lures and a small bit of tackle LOL. I was very impressed with the store and their selection of everything related to fishing as well as all their nice mounts and would definitely urge anyone in the area to check it out. Great trip and best trip numbers wise this year! Just got up to Erie a few hours ago and hoping to score some Lake Trout, Steelhead, and Esox this weekend trolling!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: raubiy

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Nice sean!
Went carp fishing yesterday and after an hour of no luck I just busted out a spinner and got 2 little bluegill within ten minutes and a bass that fell of as I was reeling him in. Goin out to the chesapeak today so hopefully I get better luck.
IMG_0986-3.JPG IMG_0987-1.JPG

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Nice sean!
Went carp fishing yesterday and after an hour of no luck I just busted out a spinner and got 2 little bluegill within ten minutes and a bass that fell of as I was reeling him in. Goin out to the chesapeak today so hopefully I get better luck.
View attachment 1131574 View attachment 1131575
Thanks man! What were you using for bait? I have the most luck for carp using bolt rigs while chumming corn.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Thanks man! What were you using for bait? I have the most luck for carp using bolt rigs while chumming corn.
Thats what i was using! I was only carp fishing for 25 minutes and I think I overchummed so the got distracted

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I have most luck with boilies for carp. My second bait is corn with aroma. :p
Just throw few spomb bomb's and you are redy to go. :D

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
One of the best if not the best weekends in Erie we've had since May! Not so much numbers wise but very much quality wise. Saturday we headed out to deepwater at the mountain about 30 miles from the marina for Salmonids. Trolled for 11-11.5 hours and caught a pair of white bass, a decent Drum, a nice 20" 5 pound Steelhead, and an awesome 30" 11 pound Walleye. Most fish in about 125-130 FOW. Today (Sunday) we trolled west off Walnut Creek for a few hours and caught 2 nice 'eyes (26" 8# and 28" 9#) plus a dink 8" White Perch. Finally to top it off was 1 for 2 on Largemouth Bass in our marina walking to the truck with the gear, one I caught was only ~5-6" and of course I missed the almost 18"r but that's because I was using a joe fly spinner with size 14 hooks (not just making excuses :D). Awesome weekend and walleye season is starting to pick up, be back in a week or two.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Those are nice walleye, dang.