Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
gr8 pics, i wanna get some but cant find them :(

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
from what i understand they are seasonal, so keep your eyes out for them now.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
I just want to say to anyone that can house one of these fish and has an algea problem -BUY A PROCHILODUS!!!!! these fish are algea eating machines. they put any algea eater or pleco to shame when it comes to algea. they have completly cleaned my 220 of my brown algea problem.. they are also eating my green algea as well. The only problem I see now is I am running out of algea and I will have to start feeding them so they grow.. they also are eating my frozen bloodworms and munch on the krill that is left over after feeding all of my other fish. These are the most cost productive algea remedy i have tried yet and they are a beautiful addition to my setup.. thanks just had to get that out there

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Here is mine,

Seems a bit stockier compared to the others posted.

mini-Picture 015.jpg

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
nice plag tails everyone.
there are 2 for sale at my lfs around 2-3'' but i would need bigger for my tank due to fish sizes of around 11''.
i want one for my algae now though.
dixon

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i have kept mine with rays for years with know problems :D

18inch i have never seen one that size lets see some pics :D

they are very slow growing they grow fairly fast up to about 6-7inch then slow right down

they have lots of little back spots on their body when small but will lose them as they get older

its far to risky trying to keep more than one per tank when small they may be ok but will fight to the death as they get bigger

hears mine

P1010022.JPG

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store