Florida Issues Call for Anglers to Target Exotics

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Key words ultra Light. Yes they fight good on a ultra light but they don't compare to trout on ultra light. Plus it's annoying when you want another species and only get rock bass.
Just kidding guys, calm down I'm not questioning the trout's awesomeness :). I really don't target rock bass much, but I certainly don't mind catching them.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Rock Bass are the best, great fighters on UL tackle! They're the cold water equivalent of Lepomis Sunfish.
Best fighters? Please! More like pulling a deadweight. Rock bass can be annoying at most times, especially when you catch a rock bass again and again and again and never caught another species.

Reactions: Thekid

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I find them to be like Slugs even using 4lb trout gear
Maybe it's just the ones out east LOL. But like I said, I don't really target them, rock bass are just a nice surprise when I'm casting spoons for white bass and drum ("sheephead") in Erie. They're also a cool species to observe while diving, you can get right in the middle of a big school and they'll just watch you, I've gotten my face within 2" of rock bass before they slowly swam away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store