Flower Ray P.Schroderi Success stories?

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
So I took a shot... I got a small male maybe 6 inches... After being bumped twice during shipping he finally arrived last night around 1030pm (original arrival time was 230Pm) I was not sure he was going to make it while acclimating... but he is alive and kicking this morning. He is in a 40 plumbed into my 500 and I just put some black worms in but no interest yet. I think i got a good deal ..200 shipped? Wish me and him luck!! Thanks for the info.

View attachment 1054137

$200 SHIPPED???? Any more...LOL

What worked for me when nothing else would. Go to walmart and get the smaller "trout" worms, they smell weird and are real tough skinned. My other rays dont like them much but my flower loved them. Also Ghost shrimp work well.. THen you can get them on prepared foods.

biggfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2008
MO
They are my favorite for sure. I had one for a year and list it when I added him with the medium sized Marbles I had at the time. Thought he was stable enough.... 😔. When I'm settled again, I will definitely get another one. Good luck with yours! You'll have to share who you bought it from. If buy one now for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
That's a nice Flower at an even nicer price!
Mine didn't eat for a long time when acquired but cut nighcrawlers and ghost shrimp got her going.

Good luck and keep us posted.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Very Nice flower Jay, my only concern is having him plumbed into your 500. Since this is WC arent you worried that it could bring a contagion into your system. Why not quarantine for a month or two?

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Very Nice flower Jay, my only concern is having him plumbed into your 500. Since this is WC arent you worried that it could bring a contagion into your system. Why not quarantine for a month or two?
I thought of this so now I have the 500 feeding water to the 40 slowly (in line with how much i drip 80gpd) then draining. but thanks!

That's a great price he offered you. Where is he located?
Mike (F22) formerly of rt 4 has a service business now and imports some stuff so he got it for me

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Is he eating anything yet?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store