Flowerhorn bite :-O

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
I've got one that's 16", it's the extra long size. The tank is one of those 30" tall 150 g tanks so it's a pain as it is to get down to the bottom. Plus I'm female and have small arms. If all I did was straight water changes without syphoning the bottom or cleaning the glass, no problem. But I can't do just that. I'm in the process of figuring something out :) My wrists are only 6" around so he got a pretty good hold on me. He only got chunks of squash for dinner tonight so he's even madder now lol!

nickbachman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2008
Minneapolis
TwistedPenguin;3362163; said:
:ROFL: Bryn, I'll assume you meant the fish and not the bite lol
No, I know Bryn, he's talking about the bite. One day I saw him with his big toe in the clamped mouth of his 7" African Bullfrog. That boy ain't right.

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
Never heard of tough love? You should bite him back :ROFL:

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
since fish can't talk - - not even FHs - - this is his only way to say "thanks"

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
nickbachman;3363405; said:
No, I know Bryn, he's talking about the bite. One day I saw him with his big toe in the clamped mouth of his 7" African Bullfrog. That boy ain't right.
That'd be my 1st guess :eek:
Nemesis529;3363417; said:
Never heard of tough love? You should bite him back :ROFL:
Except I don't want to think about what would happen if I put my face in the water. I'm pretty sure he'd take my nose off lol
KMKN;3363419; said:
good bite
I worked 1/2 my life at a vet clinic and none of those animals ever managed to get me because I was fast, yet my own fish nails me.

Sab_Fan;3364274; said:
since fish can't talk - - not even FHs - - this is his only way to say "thanks"
I'm pretty sure he can talk, I'd swear I heard him laughing. At the very least he was bragging to the mean Carpintis he lives with :(

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
After a while I just learned that some fish attack. If I ever need to show somebody that my fish actually bite though it's always friends hand vs. amphilophus sagittae which they always draw blood LOL. If I get the chance though I always mess with my fish before the come near me. I also have bought the 36" python siphon tube to avoid getting attacked during waterchanges.

Where'd the flowerhorn come from? He looks really really similar to the $5 red dragon fry Julie was selling on www.flowerhornsfrombeyond.com I grew a few out that looked like yours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store