Flowerhorn upside down! help!! ASAP

ttt0649

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2007
Arlington,Tx
My flowerhorn charged into the aquarium glass and rammed him head.
I think he knocked himself out but hes floating to the side and is unable to maintain his balance.

Hes on his side laying on the gravel right now. :(

What happened?? How do i help him?

hondas3000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2008
BC, Canada
if he is in his own tank then you can try to drain half of the water out or just enough water level to cover his upper fin and have more oxygen flow down to it. Try to get some divider or anything that you can use to lean him again the tank so he can be straight up instead of you holding him straight up. Just lean him again the tank until he recover and swim out of it himself. Don't let him flow up side down or lying side way on the bottom as oxygen can get in his brain and he will die from it. Good luck.

ttt0649

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2007
Arlington,Tx
hondas3000;3157355; said:
if he is in his own tank then you can try to drain half of the water out or just enough water level to cover his upper fin and have more oxygen flow down to it. Try to get some divider or anything that you can use to lean him again the tank so he can be straight up instead of you holding him straight up. Just lean him again the tank until he recover and swim out of it himself. Don't let him flow up side down or lying side way on the bottom as oxygen can get in his brain and he will die from it. Good luck.
thank you sir.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store